We are proud of our church school heritage and the deep connection to our community and parish. Our curriculum vision, framed by the statement ‘Believe and Achieve’, is centred on the development of the whole child; head, heart and hand.
Understanding Christianity, it’s ‘big story’, living a life of faith here in Welwyn and around the world, Christian traditions and the church calendar underpin our rich curriculum. Children learn through story, art, celebration and first-hand experience with opportunities to question, reflect and explore belief and the impact of faith on people’s lives.
From the earliest age children learn about world faiths, their customs and traditions and during Key Stage 2 Judaism, Sikhism, Hinduism and Islam are studied in greater depth. Visitors to school and visits to places of worship significantly enrich the curriculum and the experiences of our pupils.
- Reception RE Planning overview (514KB)
- Year 1 RE Planning overview (584KB)
- Year 2 RE Planning overview (493KB)
- Year 3 RE Planning overview (515KB)
- Year 4 RE Planning overview (495KB)
- Year 5 RE Planning overview (524KB)
- Year 6 RE Planning overview (634KB)