Our school uniform is simple and practical to keep the children looking smart and contribute to the feeling of belonging to the school.
Welwyn St Mary’s uniform can be ordered online from Tesco or from Smarty’s.
A fleece or jacket with school logo is also available for outdoor use.
Please label clearly all clothes, shoes & bags with your child’s name.
Order Welwyn St Mary’s School uniform online:
Both plain uniform and uniform with Welwyn St Mary’s School badge can be purchased from:
34 Town Centre
Tel: 01707 263909
Coloured ‘House’ T-shirts can be purchased from the school office.
- White blouse or polo shirt
- Grey skirt, pinafore dress or tailored trousers
- Maroon school sweatshirt or cardigan preferably with school badge
- In the winter: grey socks or tights
- In the summer: pink (not red) check cotton dress and plain white socks
- White shirt or white polo shirt
- Grey long or short trousers
- Maroon school sweatshirt preferably with school badge
- Plain grey socks
All children also require:
- Plain sensible black shoes (not sandals, boots or trainers)
- School book bag
- Water bottle
- Drawstring PE bag
- School sun hat (in the summer)
- Plain cotton black PE shorts
- Coloured ‘House’ T-Shirt (Blue-Normans, Green-Romans, Red-Vikings, Yellow-Saxons)
- Trainers/plimsolls for outdoor games
- Long black tracksuit trousers and top for colder weather
- Shin pads for KS2 football and hockey (recommended)
It is helpful if PE kit is kept in a named drawstring bag to hang on their peg rather than a backpack or large kitbag. PE kit should be kept in school.
Jewellery, hair and nails
- Jewellery is not allowed in school
- Pierced ears should be a stud only which must be removed or taped up for PE and swimming lessons
- Long hair must be tied back for PE & swimming lessons
- We would appreciate it if long hair is tied up during the school day with plain bands, clips or ribbons in brown, black or maroon
- Boys’ hair should be a traditional style, neither too short or too long. No ‘fashion’ cuts are allowed
- Nail varnish should be removed before the start of each school day